|Based on||Egg and egg yolk|
Gudetama is a Sanrio character introduced in 2013 based on an egg lacking in "spunk". Their name is a play on "gude gude"; used to describe someone with no energy or strength and possibly tama from tamago (egg).. They are sometimes seen with a man in an orange/yellow costume that fully covers the body.
Gudetama is hard to motivate and has a negative, defeatist attitude. On their official Twitter account's profile comment, they say that they go through trouble and murmur every day and that they only do it (tweets?) because "great people" told them to. They believe that some day they will be eaten. 
They are not always unhappy, as they put a smile on in a video asking people to vote for them, but unfortunately someone put them down saying that they was "desperate". 
Gudetama Short Anime
- Main article: Gudetama Short Anime.
Gudetama has a short anime series with each episode up to one minute long or so. At the end of (all?) episodes is a song featuring the man in the orange costume, named Nisetama-san (Japanese: ニセたまさん). The number of episodes has exceeded 500.
- Marketing Melancholy: Sanrio’s Newest Character is a Sad Egg | Eye on Design
- Official English Sanrio website - Gudetama page.
- Meet the most unmotivated Sanrio character ever — Gudetama, the lazy egg! | RocketNews24
- Sanrio Character Ranking - Food Character Election results.
- Gudetama official Twitter account.
- Gudetama episodes 65-126 compilation (0:32-0:39).