KIRIMI-chan or Kirimi is a Sanrio character introduced in 2013 based on a fillet. She is "a star in the sliced food world".
KIRIMI-chan was the winner of a Sanrio contest known as Food Character Election held from September 3rd 2013 until December 1st 2013. Gudetama came second and Kashiwankomochi came third.
From October to November 2015 only, KFC restaurants in Japan ran a special "KFC x KIRIMI-chan" promotion in which special Hokkaido Kentucky fried salmon was available.
From January 1st to February 14th 2016, KIRIMI-chan appeared as a special character downloadable in the Japanese version of the Nintendo 3DS game Monster Hunter Generations (Monster Hunter X), in which she hosted a special event called "Sanrio: Save the Fish!".
KIRIMI-chan first became a fillet on August 31st. She is very good friends with Kamaboko-chan. On her English official Sanrio website page, she can be seen fishing in a boat with Kamaboko-chan.
KIRIMI-chan has her own song called Oishiku Tabete ne, which she sang in a band with friends Tai-kun, Saba-kun and Kamaboko-chan.
- Lamb Chop
- ↑ Official English Sanrio website - Kirimi
- ↑ Sanrio Character Ranking - Food Character Election results.
- ↑ Kirimi-chan Mascot is Latest Character Showing Up in Monster Hunter X - Interest - Anime News Network_UK.html.
- ↑ Official Japanese Sanrio website - KIRIMI-chan.
- ↑ Oishiku Tabete ne - Official Music Video Full Version (Youtube).